Non-resident tax filing

For tax reasons, you are a non-resident if you:

usually or routinely live in another country and are not considered a resident of Canada.

  • do not have significant residential ties in Canada.
  • you live outside Canada throughout the tax year.
  • you stay in Canada for less than 183 days in the tax year.

We’ll file your returns to guarantee you’re up to date with Canadian regulations. For non-resident returns to be filed, all income received within Canada must be disclosed.

The most common types of Canadian income subject to Part XIII tax are:

  • dividends
  • rental and royalty payments
  • pension payments
  • old age security pension
  • Canada Pension Plan and Quebec Pension Plan benefits
  • retiring allowances
  • registered retirement savings plan / retirement income payments
  • annuity payments
  • management fees